FM SUGAR DISSOLVING FLUID
Water-oil formulation for removal of sugar deposits in food and sugar manufacturing equipment
- Dissolves sugar and sugar-based deposits leaving a protective oil-based film
- The residual oil films can lubricate very lightly loaded machinery
- It is a water-washable fluid, i.e. it can be removed by washing with clean water
- Neutral odour and taste
Certifications and Specifications
- NSF H1
- NSF ISO 21469
FM SUGAR DISSOLVING FLUID is an emulsifying oil-based concentrate formulated to dissolve sugar deposits which often form on and adhere to machine surfaces in the food and sugar manufacturing industry.
Certified by NSF for ISO 21469 and registered by NSF (Class H1) for use where there is potential for incidental food contact. Produced according to FLT Quality Standards, in facilities where HACCP audit and Good Manufacturing Practice have been implemented and form part of the quality and hygiene management systems ISO 9001 and ISO 21469.
- For cleaning and flushing sugar or sugar-based deposits from food and beverage manufacturing equipment
- For freeing moving parts or screws and bolts that are stuck with sugar deposits
- For the lubrication of lightly loaded bearings and slideways especially where sugar deposits are likely to form.
- For cleaning sugar deposits off filter meshes and screens
General Instructions FOR USE
- Before preparing emulsions the concentrate must be agitated (e.g. rolling or agitating of the container).
- To prepare the fluid for use, it is recommended to dilute this concentrate by mixing with potable water at a ratio of 1:1 (the lowest recommended dilution level of the concentrate in water is 30%). Higher ratios of water will increase the sugar dissolving capability but reduce the lubrication and corrosion protection properties.
- Do not use reconditioned or re-cycled water from the manufacturing plant.
- Apply small quantities of diluted FM SUGAR DISSOLVING FLUID to the machine surface to be cleaned. Wipe with a clean cloth, or a cloth impregnated with diluted FM SUGAR DISSOLVING FLUID. Wipe off any excess fluid and rinse with clean potable water if food is going to come into direct contact with the cleaned surface.
- Other surfaces may be treated with neat or diluted FM SUGAR DISSOLVING FLUID to leave an oil film to protect them against corrosion and the build up of more sugar deposits. Before food itself is being produced or can come into contact with these surfaces, they should be wiped clean.
Seal and Paint Compatibility
Compatible with the elastomers, gaskets, seals and paints normally used in food machinery lubrication systems.
Handling and Storage
All food grade lubricants should be stored separately from other lubricants, chemical substances and foodstuffs and out of direct sunlight or other heat sources. Store between +5 °C and +40 °C. Provided that the product has been stored under these conditions we recommend to use the product within 2 years from the date of manufacture. Upon opening a pack, the product must be used within 2 years. It is normal that during storage the concentrate and also the emulsion can become slightly inhomogeneous. It is therefore important to agitate the product before use as mentioned in section “General Instructions for Use”. Diluted FM SUGAR DISSOLVING FLUID should be used within 2 weeks of preparation. Do not store FM SUGAR DISSOLVING FLUID at temperatures below +5 °C.