Manufactured to conform to the requirements of Military Specification MIL-T-83483B. MOLY PETROLATUM’s intended use is to prevent seizing during assembly or disassembly of aircraft engine spark plugs and threaded fasteners and fittings at temperatures below 800°F. It’s the ideal anti-seize thread compound where parts are engaged with components fabricated from similar or dissimilar metals. It is also intended to provide corrosion protection to the metal surfaces below 800°F.
Since this compound contains MoS2 which at higher temperature conditions (1000°F and above) may induce corrosion of fastener or contiguous materials. Accordingly, its use at higher temperatures should be avoided. For high temperature applications, NIKAL NUCLEAR should be utilized.
- Permits reuse of fittings, saves stud, bolt & nut replacement
- Lowers friction, reduces wrench torque
- Wax / Mineral Oils
- (Nut-Factor) – High Chrome Alloys @ 60,000 PSI Contact Stress
- Meets MIL-PRF-83483C (USAF)
- National Stock Number 8030-00-087-8630
- -65°F to 800°F
- -54°C to 427°C